Exceptional Portfolio Review: 2 days, more than 30 international reviewers in incredible factory space! Save the date: 29-30 of May 2015!
The biggest Portfolio Review in a history of Fotofestiwal and one of the largest in Europe! Unique in it’s character, organized in the former cotton mill of Franciszek Ramisch, which has saved original qualities of industrial space.
This year, the Portfolio Review of Fotofestiwal gives a possibility of direct meetings with experts in photography represented by a numerous, international and recognized assembly of experts in photography so rarely present in Poland at the same time.
The Fotofestiwal’s Portfolio Review is aimed at photography students and graduates, professional photographers and those who have at least one exhibition or publication in their CV. It is one of the most important forms of promotion which enable photographers to arrange individual and direct interviews with curators, critics, editors, journalists, gallery owners, festivals directors, publishers of books and magazines.
Place: OFF Piotrkowska compex, 138/140 Piotrkowska street, Łódź, POLAND (3rd floor above „Spółdzielnia” restaurant)
Date: 29/May/2015 (Friday) and 30/May/2015 (Saturday)
Hours: 2.00 PM – 6.30 PM
Participation fee: 180 PLN (≈45Euro, ≈45USD; the currency is converted automatically, fee allows to choose up to 6 reviewers)
This fee will help us cover costs related to the organization of the event. Thank you for your support!
1. Agata Stoińska Founder & Executive Editor of Blow Photo Magazine | IR
2. Agata Ubysz Chairwoman of the Lookout Foundation for the Development of Photography | PL |
3. Alison Nordström Artistic Director of Fotofestiwal & Former Director of Exhibitions at George Eastman House | USA
4. Ana Catarina Pinho Editor of Archivo & Lecturer | PT
5. Angela Ferreira Director & Curator of Encontros da Imagem (Braga) | PT |
6. Bas Vroege Director & Curator of Paradox Photography (Edam) | NL |
7. Carol Körting Photo-editor at M Magazine, Leica M loan programme | DE |
8. Celina Lunsford Artistic Director of Fotografie Forum Frankfurt| DE |
9. Christina Capetillo Fine Art Photographer| DK |
10. Christopher Rauschenberg Artist & Co-Curator of BlueSky Gallery | USA |
11. Enrica Viganò Freelance Curator & Owner of Admira Photography Milan | IT |
12. Grażyna Saniuk Photo-editor at Twój Styl Magazine | PL |
13. Ieva Meilute Curator at Kaunos Fotografijos Galerija | LT |
14. Jakub Śwircz Curator at Asymetria Gallery & Lecturer | PL
15. Joanna Kinowska Independent curator and photo-books editor | PL |
16. Johan Sjöström Curator at Gothenburg Museum of Art | SE |
17. Karolina Puchała-Rojek Director of Archeology of Photography | PL |
18. Katharina Mouratidi Director of the Society for Humanistic Photography | DE |
19. Katrin Iwanczuk Director of M Magazine & LFI Blog | DE |
20. Krzysztof Miękus Freelance Curator, Artist & Journalist at MALEMEN | PL |
21. Louise Clements Artistic Director of FORMAT Festival | UK |
22. Maciej Bujko Programme Coordinator at TIFF Festival | PL |
23. Maira Dudareva Director of the Latvian Museum of Photography | LV |
24. Manik Katyal Editor-in-Chief of Emaho Magazine | IN |
25. Marta Szymańska Vice-Director of Fundacji Archeologia Fotografii | PL |
26. Mauro Bedoni Photo editor at COLORS magazine | IT |
27. Michaela Bosakova Editor & Freelance Curator | SK
28. Nina Kassianou Freelance Curator, Editor & Photography Researcher | GR |
29. Øyvind Hjelmen Curator & Freelance Photographer | NO |
30. Petr Vilgus Vice-Editor at FOTO Magazine, Senior Lecturer ITF Opava| CZ |
31. Radu Stern Independent Curator, Photography Historian, & Lecturer | CH
32. Thomas Licek Director of EYES ON – Monat der Fotografie Wien | AT
33. Tina Schelhorn Founder of Galerie Lichtblick (Köln) | DE |
34. Tuula Alajoki Curator & Director of Backlight Photo Festival | FI |
35. W.M. Hunt Photography Collector, Curator & Consultant | USA |
The list of reviewers is not closed yet. New names may appear. We will be announcing them and updating the list.
We will add reviewers’ biographies soon.
TERMS OF PARTICIPATION:
1. Photographers willing to participate in the Portfolio Review shall send an application form filled-in with necessary data and 15 photographs (in JPG format) packed into a single file up to 7 MB. Deadline: 24/April/2015.
- A file should be named: First Name, Last Name, Title of the project and the photographs in the file should be named: First Name, Last Name, Title of the project, number of the photograph (sequence 01, 02, etc.).
- The application form should be named: First Name, Last Name, Title of the project
- The application form (download here) filled-in and the file with the photographs shall be send via email to email@example.com until 24 April 2015. In the title of the message please write: Application for Portfolio Review 2015, First Name Last Name.
2. The list of photographers who qualify for the review will be posted on www.fotofestiwal.com not later than on 28/April/2015. These persons will be selected on the basis of the submitted photographs and forms.
3. After qualifying for the review, the participant will receive the information needed to make the payment and is obliged to pay the participation fee of 180 PLN and to send an electronic confirmation of the payment until 30/April/2015 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note that delay in the payment for participation in the Portfolio Review leads to deletion from the list of participants.
4. Once the timely payment of a fee is registered, all participants will receive, at the same moment (to give equal chances to all), on 5/May/2015, a login and a password to the system that will enable registration for meetings with reviewers.
5. Participants select reviewers and meeting times by themselves – on a first come, first served basis. Please choose and mark carefully your options as there will be no possibility of their change.
6. Participants will have the opportunity to meet with 6 selected experts. Each meeting of the reviewer will last 20 minutes. The session begins at 2.00 PM and ends at 6:30 PM and will include one half-hour break. Reviewers will be available on both days of the review.
7. To take part in the Portfolio Review, you shall buy a ticket for Fotofestiwal. The purchase will be available during Fotofestiwal, from 28/May/2015, in both festival centre’s during the opening hours (details on www.fotofestiwal.com):
- Festival Centre I: Art_Inkubator, 3 Tymienieckiego street
- Festival Centre II: OFF Piotrkowska complex, 138/140 Piotrkowska street
8. Meetings with international reviewers are held in English or in their mother tongue.
9. Organizers do not bear responsibility for reviewers’ absence. The organizer, however, will try to find a replacement in the event of such situation. Any changes in the list of reviewers will be announced on the website www.fotofestiwal.com.
10. A participant qualified for the review, but wishing to resign, is asked to contact us immediately at: email@example.com or by phone : +48 42 684 20 95 / +48 889 963 354
11. A person applying for the Portfolio Review accepts all conditions of participation in the event listed above.