Photographic Publication of the Year 2015 is an opportunity to look at the changes that have occurred in recent years on the Polish photo books market. Above all, its purpose is to reward those publications that can be an inspiration, and present a bold concepts, refined graphics, excellent printing, unique images and thoughtful design. We invite you to send us books for the upcoming edition of the contest `Photographic Publication of the Year‘.We are awaiting works in which photography plays the key role – albums, catalogues, theoretical books, handbooks, limited self-publishings and zines.
The dealine is the 30th of April 2015.
We are going to award the most inspirational publications presenting innovative concepts, good graphics and printing, extraordinary photos and thought out design. Several experts in photography and book creation have been invited to take a seat on the jury.
The winners will be awarded the Krzysiek Makowski main prize and a special prize for self-publishing. Along with awarding the best books and albums, the jury will nominate at least 10 projects that are going to be presented at the International Festival of Photography in Łódź.
FIRST PRIZE – KRZYSIEK MAKOWSKI PRIZE
– a title of The Photographic Publication of the Year 2015,
– voucher of 3000 zl for selected Empresse products,
– exibition at International Festival of Photography in Łódz 2015 (28 May – 7 June 2015),
– promotion at International Festival of Photography in Łódź.
FIRST PRIZE FOR SELF-PUBLISHING
– voucher of 2000 zl for selected Empresse products,
– an exibition at International Festival of Photography in Łódz 2015 (28 May – 7 June 2015),
– promotion at International Festival of Photography in Łódź 2015.
- Salix Polaris, Anka Sielska, self-publishing
- Tadeusz Sumiński, Industrial,Fundacja Archeologia Fotografii
- Święta Wojna, Wojciech Wilczyk, Wydawnictwo Karakter, galeria Atlas Sztuki
- Boiko, Jan Brykczyński, self-publishing
- The Winners, Rafał Milach, GOST
- No 2,Dominika Gęsicka, Karolina Gembara, Gregory Michenaud, Wiktor Dąbkowski, Maciej Gapiński, Jakub Bors, Łukasz Gryko, Konstancja Nowina Konopka, Krzysztof Racoń, Marta Berens, Sputnik Photos
- Stigma, Adam Lach, self-publishing
- Portrety, Adam Borzęcki, self-publishing
- Woman With a Monkey – Caucasus in Short Notes and Photographs, Justyna Mielnikiewicz, self-publishing
- Film obyczajowy produkcji polskiej, Kuba Dąbrowski, Zachęta – Narodowa Galeria Sztuki
- “deja vu” – Kolekcja Wrzesińska nr 5/2013,Zbigniew Tomaszczuk, Mecenas projektu: Urząd Miasta i Gminy Września / Wydawnictwo Kropka Jolanta i Waldemar Śliwczyńscy
- Evil Man,Hubert Humka, Wydawnictwo PWSFTviT w Łodzi
- Points of Reference,Martyna Wyrzykowska, self-publishing
- Góra, Paweł Starzec, self-publishing
- Alles ist Gut, Wojciech Kostrzewa, Muzeum w Gliwicach
- Invisible Maps, Andrzej Kramarz, Muzeum w Gliwicach
- Some Things are Quieter than Others, Jacek Fota, self-publishing
- Beli dvor, Ernest Wińczyk, self-publishing
More information about the contest: www.fotopublikacja.pl
28.05, 18.30 opening
29.05, 13.00 awards