The biggest Portfolio Review in a history of Fotofestiwal and one of the largest in Europe! Unique in it’s character, organized in the former cotton mill of Franciszek Ramisch, which has saved original qualities of industrial space.
This year, the Portfolio Review of Fotofestiwal gives a possibility of direct meetings with experts in photography represented by a numerous, international and recognized assembly of experts in photography so rarely present in Poland at the same time.
The Fotofestiwal’s Portfolio Review is aimed at photography students and graduates, professional photographers and those who have at least one exhibition or publication in their CV. It is one of the most important forms of promotion which enable photographers to arrange individual and direct interviews with curators, critics, editors, journalists, gallery owners, festivals directors, publishers of books and magazines.
Place: OFF Piotrkowska compex, 138/140 Piotrkowska street, Łódź, POLAND (3rd floor above „Spółdzielnia” restaurant)
Date: 29/May/2015 (Friday) and 30/May/2015 (Saturday)
Hours: 2.00 PM – 6.40 PM
Participation fee: 180 PLN (≈45Euro, ≈45USD; the currency is converted automatically)
(this fee allows to choose up to 6 reviewers)
This fee will help us cover costs related to the organization of the event. Thank you for your support!
NEW! There will be an opportunity to buy individual meetings in-situ as well on the day of portfolio reviews, if any reviewer is available. The fee is 40 PLN per one meeting, paied in cash in-situ only. Additionally, you will need to present Fotofestiwal’s multi-entrance ticket to participate in the review.
- Agata Stoińska
Founder & Executive Editor of Blow Photo Magazine | IR | http://blowphoto.com/
- Agata Ubysz
Chairwoman of the Lookout Foundation for the Development of Photography (Warsaw) | PL | http://lookoutgallery.pl/
- Alison Nordström
Artistic Director of Fotofestiwal & Former Director of Exhibitions @ George Eastman House | USA |
- Ana Catarina Pinho
Freelance Photographer & Lecturer | PT | http://anacatarinapinho.com/
- Angela Ferreira
Director & Curator of Encontros da Imagem (Braga) | PT | http://encontrosdaimagem.com/
- Carol Körting
Photo-editor @ M Magazine, responsible for Leica M loan programme | DE | http://m-magazine.photography/
- Celina Lunsford
Artistic Director of Fotografie Forum Frankfurt| DE | http://www.fffrankfurt.org/
- Christina Capetillo
Fine Art Photographer| DK | http://www.christinacapetillo.com/
- Christopher Rauschenberg
Artist Photographer & Co-Curator @ BlueSky Gallery OR | USA | http://www.christopherrauschenberg.com/
- Enrica Viganò
Freelance Curator & Owner of Admira Photography Milan | IT | http://admiraphotography.com/
- Grażyna Saniuk
Photo-editor @ Twój Styl Magazine | PL | http://www.styl.pl/twoj-styl/
- Ieva Meilute
Curator @ Kaunos Fotografijos Galerija (Vilnius) | LT | http://kaunasgallery.lt/
- Jakub Śwircz
Curator @ Fundacja Asymetrii & Lecturer | PL |
- Joanna Kinowska
Independent curator and photo-books editor | PL |
- Johan Sjöström
Curator @ Gothenburg Museum of Art | SE | http://www.konstmuseum.goteborg.se/
- Katharina Mouratidi
Artistic & Executive Director of the Society for Humanistic Photography (Berlin) | DE | http://www.gfhf.eu/
- Katrin Iwanczuk
Director of M Magazine & LFI Blog | DE | http://m-magazine.photography/ www.lfi-online.de/blog
- Krzysztof Miękus
Freelance Curator, Artist & Journalist publishing in MALEMEN magazine | PL |
- Louise Clements
Artistic Director of FORMAT International Photography Festival | UK | http://www.formatfestival.com/
- Maciej Bujko
Programme Coordinator at TIFF Festival, Wrocław | PL | http://www.tiffcollective.pl
- Maira Dudareva
Director of the Latvian Museum of Photography | LV | http://www.fotomuzejs.lv/
- Manik Katyal
Editor-in-Chief of Emaho Magazine | IN | http://www.emahomagazine.com/
- Marta Szymańska
Vice-Director of Fundacji Archeologia Fotografii (Warsaw) | PL | http://www.archeologiafotografii.pl
- Mauro Bedoni
Photo editor at COLORS magazine | IT | http://www.colorsmagazine.com/
- Michaela Bosakova
Editor & Freelance Curator | SK |
- Nina Kassianou
Freelance Curator, Editor & Photography Researcher | GR |
- Oyvind Hjelmen
Curator & Freelance Photographer | NO | http://www.oyvindhjelmen.com
- Petr Vilgus
Vice-Editor @ FOTO Magazine, Senior Lecturer @ Institute of Creative Photography (Opava) | CZ | http://www.casopis-foto.cz
- Radu Stern
Independent Curator, Photography Historian, & Lecturer | CH |
- Thomas Licek
Director of EYES ON – Monat der Fotografie Wien | AT | http://eyes-on.at/
- Tina Schelhorn
Founder of Galerie Lichtblick (Köln) | DE | http://www.lichtblicknet.com/
- Tuula Alajoki
Curator & Director of Backlight Photo Festival (Tampere) | FI | http://backlight.fi/
- M. Hunt
Photography Collector, Curator & Consultant | USA | http://www.wmhunt.com/
- Bill Kouwenhoven
Independent critic, Curator, Esseist | USA |
Here you can find biographies of reviewers. It will help you to make a satisfactory choice of experts.
TERMS OF PARTICIPATION
Till 6/May/2015, the photographers willing to participate in the Portfolio Review can send their applications.
They are asked to send the application form filled-in with necessary data and 15 photographs (in JPG format) packed into a single file up to 7 MB.
– A file should be named: First Name, Last Name, Title of the project
and the photographs in the file should be named: First Name, Last Name, Title of the project, number of the photograph (sequence 01, 02, etc.).
– The application form should be named: First Name, Last Name, Title of the project
– The application form (download here) filled-in and the file with the photographs shall be send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org until 6 May 2015. In the title of the message please write: Application for Portfolio Review 2015, First Name Last Name.
– The selected photographers will be contacted individually via e-mail and will receive details needed to make the payment for participation (the fee is 180 PLN). Note that delay in the payment for participation in the Portfolio Review leads to deletion from the list of participants.
The payment obligation does not apply to participants selected from Fotofestiwal’s Grand Prix competition 2015 who has been offered a free portfolio review (in the limit of 6 meetings). They do not need to present Fotofestiwal’s multi-entrance ticket neither to take part in the review.
– Once the timely payment of a fee is registered, all participants will receive, at the same moment (to give equal chances to all), on 12/May/2015, a login and a password to the system that will enable registration for meetings with reviewers.
– Participants select reviewers and meeting times by themselves – on a first come, first served basis. Please choose and mark carefully your options as there will be no possibility of their change.
– Participants will have the opportunity to meet with 6 selected experts. Each meeting of the reviewer will last 20 minutes. The session begins at 2.00 PM and ends at 6:40 PM and will include one 40 minutes break between 4.00 PM and 4.40 PM. Reviewers will be available on both days of the review.
There will be an opportunity to buy individual meetings in-situ as well on the day of portfolio reviews, if any reviewer is available. The fee is 40 PLN per one meeting, paied in cash in-situ only. Additionally, you will need to present Fotofestiwal’s multi-entrance ticket to participate in the review.
– To take part in the Portfolio Review, you shall buy a multi-entrance ticket for Fotofestiwal. The purchase will be available during Fotofestiwal, from 28/May/2015, in both festival centre’s during the opening hours (details on www.fotofestiwal.com):
Festival Centre I: Art_Inkubator, 3 Tymienieckiego street (from 28th of May)
Festival Centre II: OFF Piotrkowska complex, 138/140 Piotrkowska street (from 29th of May)
– Meetings with international reviewers are held in English or in their mother tongue.
– Organizers do not bear responsibility for reviewers’ absence. The organizer, however, will try to find replacement in the event of such situation. Any changes in the list of reviewers will be announced on
the website www.fotofestiwal.com.
– A participant qualified for the review, but wishing to resign, is asked to contact us immediately at: email@example.com or by phone : +48 42 684 20 95 / +48 889 963 354
- A person applying for the Portfolio Review accepts all conditions of participation in the event listed above.