Grand Prix Fotofestiwal is a competition organized every year, during which we are awarding the prizes to those artists who present cohesive ideas, brave visions as well as excellent photographic technique and who use the photographic language in a conscious manner. We want to present interesting personalities and new trends of contemporary photography. The formula of the competition is open and there are no thematic, age or geographical restrictions.
We are happy to announce that jury of Grand Prix 2014 decided to choose 10 finalists whose works will be presented during Fotofestiwal, between 5th and 15th of June 2014. We got 600 applications and the level was remarkably high.
1. Michel Le Belhomme, The Blind Beast (France)
2. Antoine Bruy, Scrublands (France)
3. Elena Chernyshova, Days of Night – Nights of Day (Russia / France)
4. David Favrod, Gaijin (Japan / Switzerland)
5. Kirill Golovchenko, Bitter Honeydew (Ukraine / Germany)
6. Marie Hudelot, The Legacy (France)
7. Adam Lach, Stigma (Poland)
8. Agnieszka Rayss, No Man’s Land (Poland)
9. Marlous Van der Sloot, Le corps Vecu (The Netherlands)
10. Renhui Zhao, A Guide to the Flora and Fauna of the World (Singapore)
The winner of the Prize of PLN 10,000 and the Grand Prix Fotofestiwal 2014 for the Gaijin project, is David Favrod. Congratulations!
Works of 10 finalists is presented at the exhibition, between 5th and 15th of June, in Lodz.
– 10.000 PLN (≈2300 euro) – MAIN PRIZE
– the exhibition of all finalists in frame of International Festival of Photography (over 20.000 viewers)
– slide show promoting all finalists during international photography festivals, such as: FORMAT International Festival of Photography in Derby (UK), Encontros da Imagem, Braga (Portugal), Photoireland, Dublin (Ireland), Photoville (New York)
– GUP honourable mentioned – portfolio presented in online GUP Magazine (25.000 viewers monthly)
Peggy Sue Amison, Artistic Director for the Sirius Arts Centre in Cobh, Ireland
Krzysztof Candrowicz, director of FOTOFESTIWAL International Festival of Photography in Łódź, Poland
Louise Clements, Artistic Director of QUAD & FORMAT International Photography Festival; UK
Claudia Hinterseer, Independent Photography Professional, The Netherlands
Adam Mazur, Curator, Chef Editor of „SZUM” magazine, Poland
Rafał Milach, Photographer, Co-founder of Sputnik Photos, Poland
Marta Szymańska, Programme Director of FOTOFESTIWAL International Festival of Photography in Łódź, Poland
Jakub Śwircz, Curator, Lecturer, Poland
Erik Vroons , Chief Editor of “GUP” magazine, The Netherlands
5.06 (Thu): 7.00 pm – 10.00 pm
6-15.06 (Fri-Sun): 12.00 pm – 8.00 pm
latest entrance: 7.00 pm
opening: 5.06, 7.00 pm
exhibition is held: 5-15.06