GRAND PRIX FOTOFESTIWAL is a competition organized every year, during which we are awarding the prizes to those artists who present cohesive ideas, brave visions as well as excellent photographic technique and who use the photographic language in a conscious manner. We want to present interesting personalities and new trends of contemporary photography. The formula of the competition is open and there are no thematic, age or geographical restrictions.
We are happy to announce that jury of Grand Prix 2016 decided to choose 10 finalists whose works will be presented during Fotofestiwal, between 9-19th June 2016. We got hundreds applications and the level was remarkably high.
FINALSTS – EXHIBITIONS
Carlos Alba (Spain)
Sanne De Wilde (Belgium)
David Fathi (France)
Nick Hannes (Belgium)
Patryk Karbowski (Poland)
Birte Kaufmann (Germany)
Karolin Klüppel (Germany)
Jewgeni Roppel (Germany)
Shadman Shahid (Bangladesh)
Yurian Quintanas (Spain)
10 finalists whose works will be presented during Fotofestiwal, between 9-19th of June 2016. The name of the winner will be announced on the 9th of June 2016, during the opening night of Fotofestiwal in ART_INKUBATOR (festival centre).
The presentation of works of 10 more photographers awarded will take place during the Festival in a form of a slide show.
FINALSTS – SLIDE SHOWS
Lena Dobrowolska and Teo Ormond- Skeaping (Poland / United Kingdom)
Natalia Dołgowska (Poland)
Amy Friend (Canada)
Elis Hoffman (Sweden)
Gundlach Kai-Uwe (Germany)
Anastasiya Lazurenko (Ukrain)
Alexandra Pouzet (France)
Reiner Riedler (Austria)
Lubo i Monika Stacho (Slovakia)
Alnis Stakle (Latvia)
The authors of the 50 best projects submitted to the competition were invited to participate free of charge in PORT-OFF-FOLIO 2016.
– 10.000 PLN (≈2300 euro) – MAIN PRIZE,
– the exhibition of all finalists during the International Festival of Photography (over 20.000 viewers),
– slideshow promoting all finalists during international photography festivals,
– Fotofestiwal wants to invite 50 authors of the best projects submitted to the Grand Prix competition to free participation in Portfolio Review 2016 in Lodz.
- Alison Nordström – independent curator, former director of photography department at George Eastman House, artistic director of the main program at Fotofestiwal 2016, USA
- Peggy Sue Amison – artistic director at East Wing Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Ângela Ferreira- artistic director and curator of Encontros da Imagem Festival, Portugal
- Erik Vroons, editor at the GUP Magazine , Netherlands
- Krzysztof Candrowicz, director of Fotofestiwal International Festival of Photography in Lodz, Poland
- Adam Mazur, curator, editor in chief of SZUM Magazine, Poland
- Marta Szymańska, Archeology of Photography Foundation, Poland
- Jakub Śwircz, curator and lecturer, Poland
- Agata Zubrzycka, program director of Fotofestiwal International Festival of Photography in Lodz, Poland